Home   >   Business   >   Banking/Finance   >   201811
Gov’t To Settle All Claims Of DKM Customers - Finance Minister   
  << Prev  |  Next >>
Comments ( 1 )     Email    Print
Related Stories
Customers of defunct DKM microfinance will now breathe a sigh of relief as government is set to settle all claims.

This was made known by the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta during the presentation of the 2019 budget statement.

DKM had its license revoked in 2016 imposing hardship and frustration on depositors.

The Minister who was presenting the budget in Parliament under the theme: "a stronger economy for jobs and prosperity; the third of the Akufo-Addo government", indicated that government has so far settled 80 percent of the claims and that the remaining 20 percent will be paid upon validation.

"In addition to the clean-up exercise of the banking sector undertaken by the Bank of Ghana, the government has also taken steps to settle almost all claims of DKM customers...I would like to inform the country that out of the 99,858 claims, 79,708 (which is) 80 per cent have been settled and depositors have been paid. The government has set aside funds at the Bank of Ghana to pay the remaining 20 per cent of depositors upon validation. An additional 12,612 claims have been fully provided for, but the customers have not yet been able to show proof of deposit. This means that 92 per cent of DKM claims from depositors have been paid or provided for" he indicated.
Source: Rebecca Addo Tetteh/Peacefmonline.com

Comments ( 1 ): Post Your Comments >>

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
Featured Video