David Antwi-CFE, CIA, MBA - a Ghanaian Financial Crimes (FC) Business Consultant in the United States of America has come a long way from a very humble beginning from Ghana to become one of the respected Financial Crimes Business Consultant in the world.
His skills has helped most giant businesses in the State and other African countries to say ‘bye’ to cyber crimes as one of their biggest worries in their bid to digitalise their business processes.
David Antwi noted that most businesses are now under serious attack from people who use the computer to perpetrate fraud – this, he has promised to give guidance to business in Ghana to curtail the problem or possibly say goodbye to it.
Fraud and financial crimes are a form of theft/larceny that occur when a person or entity takes money or property, or uses them in an illicit manner, with the intent to gain a benefit from it. These crimes typically involve some form of deceit, subterfuge or the abuse of a position of trust, which distinguishes them from common theft or robbery.
In today's complex economy, fraud and financial crimes can take many forms.
With his 15 years experience and professionalism in various anti-financial crime roles with multinational companies such as Verizon, Online Resources Corporation, ACI Worldwide and Genpact (USA), the Ghanaian FC Business consultant who is currently in Tanzania offering consultancy to some business magnates told Peacefmonline.com that he is ever ready to come to Ghana and help businesses facing financial crimes.
Read all about David Antwi below…
Who is David Antwi?
- A leading expert on financial fraud risk management and financial crime prevention.
- 15 years experience and professionalism in various anti-financial crime roles with multinational companies such as Verizon, Online Resources Corporation, ACI Worldwide and Genpact (USA).
- Accredited financial crimes risk management and fraud prevention skills.
- Experienced resource in training public & private sector employees on emerging trends in financial crimes, prevention and detection methods etc
- A business and anti-financial crimes consultant and trainer within the public sector (government institutions) and private sector.
- Well versed in internal controls, gap remediation and process improvement.
- A Certified Fraud Examiner (member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) and Certified Internal Auditor which guarantees continuous learning and knowledge of leading-edge technologies, trends in financial crimes, new methodologies and internationally acclaimed best practices.
- MBA in International Business.
David’s Role As A Financial Crimes Business Consultant
- Train client staff on various kinds of government and/or private sector financial crimes, emerging trends, tips & tricks to look out for, best practices in prevention and detection.
- Sample and analyze financial crimes which includes public sector (procurement, false statements) and private sector (electronic payments, cheques, wires, ATM management, Internet banking, mobile banking, credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, mobile wallet, money laundering and E-commerce).
- Advisory services on relevant 3rd party software for financial crimes mitigation
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the anti-financial crimes prevention programs
- Help identify process gaps, mitigation strategies and recommend end-to-end internal controls.
- Conduct fraud risk assessments and craft anti-financial crimes policies and supporting procedures.
- Subject matter expert on financial crime issues.
- Implement effective ‘Know Your Customer’ procedures to cut down on spate of financial crimes.
Why David Should Be Your Next Financial Crimes Business Consultant
- Extensive knowledge and experience in emerging trends in global financial crimes working with multinationals.
- Understanding of the financial crimes landscape.
- Change agent, detailed oriented and proven leader
- Certified Fraud Examiner & Certified Internal Auditor.
- Successful trainer in both USA and African countries
- 15 years of detection and prevention of financial crimes discipline.