Local News :

Home   >   News   >   Crime   >   201304
Mother And Daughter Remanded For Assault   
  << Prev  |  Next >>
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
Related Stories
A Takoradi Circuit Court on Wednesday remanded Comfort Biney, 52, and her 22-year-old daughter, Elizabeth Obeng who is a hairdresser, for assault.

Comfort was additionally charged with using offensive weapon.

Their pleas were not taken and they are to re-appear on April 30, 2013.

Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Veronica Tibson told the court presided by Mr Justice Kwesi Boakye that Comfort, a farmer, was an in-law to the complainant, Richard Annobi, a 32-year-old driver.

She said the accused persons and the complainant lived at Kejebi in the Ahanta West District.

The prosecution said Annobi and Elizabeth lived together as couples for six years and have a son.

Chief Inspector Tibson said Annobi realised that Elizabeth was befriending other men and cautioned her about it and made several complaints to Comfort but the complaints fell on deaf ears.

She said rather, Comfort rained insults on Annobi and threatened to beat up Annobi if he ever made such complainants to her again.

Chief Inspector Tibson said on January 16 and 17 this year, Comfort slept outside her marital home.

She said when Annobi was unable to locate his wife, he decided to go and complain to Comfort who got infuriated and sacked him from the house.

Chief Inspector Tibson said that on January 18, Comfort and Elizabeth forcibly entered Annobiís room, packed Elizabethís belongings and took them away.

She said Annobiís family tried to resolve the issue amicably but their interventions proved futile.

Chief Inspector Tibson said that around 21.00 hours that day, Annobi went to the house of Comfort and Elizabeth to request for his GHc400.00 which the two women allegedly took away when Elizabeth was leaving her marital home.

Chief Inspector Tibson said on seeing Annobi, Comfort approached him from behind and pushed him to the ground, adding that later Elizabeth and Comfort beat Annobi severely while he was on the ground.

Prosecution said Comfort went for a sharp knife and inflicted multiple wounds on Annobiís face.

Chief Inspector Tibson said Annobi manged to escape and reported the incident to the Police who issued him with a medical form to go to hospital for treatment.

She said that the accused admitted the offences in their cautioned statements to the Police.
Source: GNA

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.