Local News :

Home   >   News   >   Crime   >   201711
Lotto Writer Grabbed For Defilement
 
<< Prev  |  Next >>
 
27-Nov-2017  
Comments ( 1 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
A 51-year-old driver and lotto writer who claims his manhood does not erect but allegedly defiled a 13-year-old minor at Mataheko in Accra has been remanded into custody by an Accra Circuit Court.

Emmanuel Nii Darku who operates a lotto kiosk at Twenebour Dansoman in Accra, according to the police, established acquaintance with the minor and her siblings both of whom he buys ice cream for on regular basis.

He allegedly lured the victim to his house at Mataheko under the pretext of giving her a textbook which she requested and drugged her and allegedly defiled her.

Although he claims he has an erection dysfunction due to blood pressure, a box of used condoms were retrieved from his room upon his arrest in connection with the defilement case

The victim, according to the police, woke up and began crying when she saw herself naked on a bed and realised she had been defiled.

The suspect reportedly gave the victim an amount of GH₵5.00 to buy the text book and pleaded with her not to disclose the incident to anyone.

But the victim who could not live with the guilt of the act informed her parents who reported the matter to police.

The suspect was arrested and charged with defilement to which he pleaded not guilty.

The prosecution led by DSP C.K. Abadanyor told the court that the matter was reported to the Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit (DOVVSU) where a medical form was issued to the victim to be taken to the hospital.

According to the prosecution, the medical officer who examined the victim submitted a report which indicated that the victim was penetrated and her hymen had perforated.

DSP Abadanyor said the suspect upon his arrest confirmed that he has been buying ice cream for the victim and her siblings.

He,  however, denied having sex with her.

She said investigations are still ongoing.

The court presided over by Aboagye Tandoh remanded the accused to reappear on November 28, 2017.

He further ordered the prosecution to complete its investigation by November 27, 2017.
 
 
 
Source: Daily Guide
 
 

Comments ( 1 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.