Local News :

Home   >   News   >   Education   >   201505
Fire Guts Takoradi School
 
<< Prev  |  Next >>
 
28-May-2015  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
The storeroom of Assorko Essaman Catholic Primary School near Takoradi in the Western Region was gutted by fire on Tuesday evening.

DAILY GUIDE gathered that the inferno which started around 9pm destroyed all textbooks and other teaching and learning materials which were kept in the storeroom.

It took the personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service from Shama and Daboase and other volunteers from the community to bring the fire under total control.

The cause of the fire was not immediately known.

However, some people believed that the fire might have been caused by live charcoal mixed with sacks of charcoal that were kept in the storeroom.

Sources had it that the sacks of charcoal were produced by the pupils to help raise funds for the school’s forthcoming anniversary celebration.

A visit by journalists to the school yesterday revealed that the pupils turned up for school in their numbers even after hearing the sad news.

Classes were, however, delayed to pave way for the clearing of the debris by both staff and the pupils.

Most of the teachers were tightlipped on the issue while some of them remarked that the situation would adversely affect teaching and learning.
 
 
 
Source: Daily Guide
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.