Home   >   News   >   Education   >   201811
Trained Teachers Asked To Register For National Service   
  << Prev  |  Next >>
Comments ( 2 )     Email    Print
Related Stories
THE TEACHER Trainees’ Association of Ghana (TTAG) has urged all its members to register with the National Service Scheme (NSS) to help facilitate the processes for their one-year service to the nation.

The TTAG made the call in a statement jointly signed by its President, Anthony Dadzie and General-Secretary, Ibrahim Nketia, expressing dissatisfaction about the inability of the Ghana Education Service (GES) and the Ministry of Education to directly employ the trained teachers instead of allowing them to do one-year national service.According to the statement, “In order to disadvantage newly trained teachers, TTAG finally advises each and every one of you to register with the NSS as it continues to work on the job security of teachers from college.”

It said: “TTAG would have loved its members to be directly employed by GES but it is unfortunate all our efforts and cries fell on deaf ears.”

The statement added: “Our hope relies solely on the words of the honourable Minister of Education, Dr. Mathew Opoku-Prempeh, who confirmed in a meeting with us on Tuesday, 30th October, 2018 . . . that financial clearance had been given to newly trained teachers and therefore would be recruited by GES upon completion.”

“The minister officially  informed TTAG that NSS would post newly trained teachers for a mandatory  one-year service of which it would be considered as probation and  induction periods supervised by the GES and NTC respectively,” according to the statement.

On job security, it said the minister confirmed to the leadership that financial clearance had been given to newly trained teachers and so they would be migrated onto the GES salary structure upon completion of the one-year national service. . .

It added that a subsequent meeting was held with management of the NSS. Management informed TTAG that newly trained teachers would be posted as service personnel, receive national service  allowance and be awarded with a certificate at the end of the year.
Source: Daily Guide

Comments ( 2 ): Post Your Comments >>

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
Featured Video