Local News :

Home   >   News   >   General News   >   201606
Istanbul Attack: Ghana Consoles Turkey
 
<< Prev  |  Next >>
 
30-Jun-2016  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
The Government of Ghana, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration, has sent its condolences to the government and people of Turkey over the gun and bomb attack on Istanbul's Ataturk Airport that killed 41 people.

Officials say three attackers arrived in a taxi and began firing at the terminal entrance late on Tuesday. They blew themselves up after police fired back.

The Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said early signs pointed to so-called Islamic State, but no one had so far admitted the attack.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration, Hanna Tetteh, sent the government’s condolences to Turkey.

She said on twitter that: “This attack is on Turkey & also international travel & connecting people. Many Ghanaians travel via Istanbul. You are in our prayers.”

She added: “Our deepest condolences to the Government & People of Turkey after the attack on Ataturk International Airport in Istanbul.”
 
 
 
Source: classfmonline.com
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.