Home   >   News   >   General News   >   201707
National Service; 91,871 Personnel Posted For 2017/2018   
 
  << Prev  |  Next >>
 
08-Jul-2017  
Comments ( 1 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
Ussif Mustapha
 
Related Stories
 
The National Service Scheme (NSS) says it has deployed 91,871 personnel for the 2017/2018 service year.

They are to serve in various institutions as part of their one-year mandatory service to the country.
 
This was announced by the acting Executive Director of the scheme, Mr Ussif Mustapha in Accra on Friday

He said majority of the personnel will be serving in the Greater Accra Region.

Statistics

According to Mr Mustapha, about 76,908 (85%) of the service personnel deployed will serve in the public sector while the remaining 14,963 (15%) have been posted to the private sector.

In addition, he said 2,170 of the personnel will be deployed to serve in various agric-related positions as part of President Akufo-Addo’s ‘Planting for food and jobs’ programme.

He assured that the Secretariat has instituted various measures to ensure that this year's service registration was without challenges like that of last year.

He said the Secretariat has decided to provide ample time for prospective personnel to complete their registration and also make the necessary accommodation and transportation arrangements ahead of their service.

Service personnel are expected to complete their biometric registration at their respective district offices between July 17 and August 17, 2017.

They are to report to work on September 1, 2017.
 
 
Source: Daily Graphic
 
 

Comments ( 1 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
 
 
Featured Video