Local News :

Home   >   News   >   General News   >   201809
Police Seek AG’s Advice On Obengfo’s Case   
  << Prev  |  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
Dr Dominic Obeng-Andoh
Related Stories
The police on Thursday said they were waiting for advice from the Attorney-General (AG) on the murder case involving Dr Dominic Obeng-Andoh, Proprietor of Obengfo Hospital.

Chief Inspector Simon Apiorsornu, the prosecutor, told the District Court that the police had not received the advice on the case docket.

“We are still waiting for the advice of the Attorney-General… We have not received the advice on the case docket yet,” he said.

He therefore prayed the court for one month adjournment.

When Dr Obeng-Andoh was asked of his lawyer’s whereabouts, he told the court that his counsel was attending the Ghana Bar Association Conference and so could not make it to court.

The Magistrate, Efua G. Sackey, adjourned the matter to October 11.

Dr Obeng-Andoh aka Dr Obengfo, is being held for allegedly performing  a surgery on Ms Stacy Offei Darko, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of National Entrepreneurship Innovative Programme (NEIP), who had visited the facility.

Ms Darko after the surgery did not recover.

The High Court presided over by Justice Kofi Dorgu admitted Dr Obengfo to bail in the sum of GH¢100,000 with one surety to be justified.

The 49-year-old medical practitioner is now being held on the charge of murdering Ms Offei Darko, whose office operates from the Jubilee House, the seat of the Presidency.

Dr Obeng-Andoh’s plea is yet to be taken by the District Court.

With him in the dock was Edward Amponsah, a cleaner at the hospital, who is being held for impersonation. Amponsah is currently on bail.

The complainant, Nana Akosua Animah, was the mother of Ms Offei Darko, aged 37. She resides at Michel Camp in Tema.

On May 20, this year, Stacy went to Dr Obeng-Andoh’s Hospital for a Liposuction and Fat Transfer Surgery, but she died at about 1600 hours the following day.

On May 22, based on the orders of Dr Obeng-Andoh, Amponsah sent the body to three different mortuary facilities, but the body was rejected with the reason that her relative must be present before the body would be accepted.

Amponsah, subsequently sent the body to the Saint Gregory Hospital Mortuary at Buduburam, where he falsely presented himself to the morgue attendant as the biological brother of Stacy and authorised that the body be embalmed.

The body was then stored in the morgue without the knowledge of Stacy’s actual relatives or the police.

However, her family got wind of the incident on May 24, and suspecting foul play, reported the matter to the police.

When the police proceeded to the morgue and inspected the body, it found multiple fresh surgery scars on some parts of her body.

The body was then transferred to the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital Mortuary for autopsy and the suspects were later arrested by the police, the prosecutor said.
Source: GNA

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.