Local News :

Home   >   News   >   Social   >   201410
Seventeen-Year-Old Student Is Electrocuted To Death
 
<< Prev  |  Next >>
 
09-Oct-2014  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
A 17-year-old form one student of Suhum Presbyterian Senior High School, Richard Mante, was electrocuted by a faulty block molding machine he was operating at a block factory at Suhum.

Police sources told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that the deceased, who worked at the factory at weekends and holidays as a part time worker, was operating one of the machines when he had a shock from the machine and fell.

He was taken to the Suhum Government Hospital but died.

The police sources said a report was made to the police who also reported the case to the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), Suhum and during investigations it was detected that the machine the deceased was operating was faulty.

A brother of the deceased, Mr. Maxwell Mante, a business man, denied rumours that the deceased had been using his earnings from the block molding business to pay for his school fees.

He said he and another brother, who is a teacher, had been paying the school fees of the deceased.
 
 
 
Source: GNA
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.