Home   >   News   >   Social   >   201411
9-Year Old Ivy Dies From Dog Bite   
  << Prev  |  Next >>
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
Related Stories
A 9-year-old girl has died at the Ga South Municipal Hospital (Akawe Hospital) in Accra after she was allegedly given a wrong dose of medicine for a dog bite.

The girl was allegedly given tetanus dose instead of anti-rabbis.

The father of the girl, Ernest Sarfo said Ivy Afia Ansomaa of Nab Educational School at Gbawe, was bitten by a dog about six months ago.

Mr. Sarfo said while in town one day, he had a call from the wife at home that their daughter has been bitten by a dog and had been rushed to the Akawe Hospital.

“I stopped whatever I was doing and rushed to the hospital only for me to realize my child who had been bitten by a dog was in a queue waiting to be given medical attention.

“I created a scene and the medical doctor on duty quickly rushed in to save the situation,” he noted.

Mr. Sarfo said the doctor washed the bite with just an ordinary soap and told them the child will recover “but later she was given injection and was discharged”.

He narrated to Adomonline.com's Dorcas Abedu-Kennedy that few days ago; the child started complaining of illness and was rushed to the same hospital but was later referred to Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH) when her situation deteriorated.

“The illness became serious and so they asked us to go to Korle-Bu and that was where we found out that she given prescriptions and that was the cause of her death.

"And so we want to take care of everything and after the funeral we will take the next action" he noted.
Source: adomonline.com

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
Featured Video