Local News :

Home   >   News   >   Social   >   201602
Two Injured In Renewed Bunkpurugu Clashes
 
<< Prev  |  Next >>
 
19-Feb-2016  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
Two persons sustained gunshot wounds in an attack on security personnel deployed to maintain peace in Bunkpurugu in the Northern Region.

Several houses were also burnt down during the Thursday night attack.

Those who sustained the gunshot wounds were identified by the police as a 72-year-old man and a 23-year-old boy. The police however did not give the names of the two injured persons for security reasons.

According to the Northern Regional Police Public Relations Officer (PRO), ASP Ebenezer Tetteh, no arrest has been made so far but the police have step up their operations in the area to bring the perpetrators to book

ASP Tetteh told Graphic Online that the two persons who sustained the gunshot wounds who are in critical condition are on admission at a health facility in the area.

He said the gunmen who were riding on motor bikes opened fire on the security personnel at the local police barracks.

He said the police had earlier picked intelligence that one of the feuding factions in the Bunkpurugu chieftaincy dispute were planning an attack.

"Last night’s attacks therefore did not come as a surprise and we will definitely arrest those behind the attacks" ASP Tetteh assured

He stated that the security forces deployed in the area would do all they can to discharge their duties to ensure the maintenance of law and order in the area.

 
 
 
Source: Daily Graphic
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.