Home   >   News   >   Social   >   201904
Family Of Military Couple That Died In Flood Wants Gov’t Support For 12-Year-Old Son   
 
  << Prev  |  Next >>
 
22-Apr-2019  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
The family of the military officers who perished in last week's flood in Accra is asking the government to assist in taking care of their 12-year-old son.

“They can give out a scholarship or if it is a fund that we can all contribute to that will be very helpful,” brother of the deceased military woman, W.O II Sarah Kuadzi, told Joy News.

The bodies of S/Sgt Arthur Jabez, 45 and his wife WO II Sarah Kuadzi, 40, were among the seven retrieved from flood waters by the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO), after heavy rains on April 14.

They were travelling in a military pick up from a funeral in Tema when their vehicle got caught in the flood waters at a suburb along the motorway known as Adjei-Kojo.

The couple left behind their son, Bill Clinton Nana Arthur, who is currently in Junior High School.

Kingsley Kuadzi says although they (the family) are grateful the government has committed to allowing the boy to stay in the home of his parents till he completes JHS, they also need financial assistance to see him through his education.

He told Joy News’ Hannah Odame it is through no fault of the couple that they had to die all of a sudden leaving behind their son.
 
 
Source: myjoy
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
 
 
Featured Video