Home   >   Showbiz   >   Radio/TV   >   201607

Wisa Goes Missing!...Police, Lawyer Canít Find Him
<< Prev  |  Next >>
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
Related Stories
Officials of the Ghana Police Service have told an Accra court that they have tried without success to locate the whereabouts of the ‘Ekiki Me’ hit maker, Wisa Greid.

Wisa, known in private life as Eugene Ashe, is standing trial at an Accra Domestic Violence and Gender Based court and a bench warrant has been issued thrice for his arrest but according to the police, strenuous efforts to find and grab the popular singer proved futile.

Wisa has supposedly gone ‘missing’ at a time his latest track, ‘Cocoa’, has become an instant and a popular street anthem. Its music video is also making heavy rotation on television stations. The court presided over by Abena Oppong Adjin-Doku as a result urged the police to do the needful.

The judge two weeks ago, for the third time, issued a bench warrant for the arrest of Wisa following his absence from court on two consecutive times. The court on February 5, this year ordered the arrest of the hiplife artiste who has been dragged before the court for showing his genitals to the audience during a public performance in December last year.

Again on March, 23, the musician narrowly escaped arrest by the police after he and his lawyer had popped up at the court minutes after another warrant had been issued for his arrest.

This was because neither Wisa, his manager nor lawyer was in court when the case was called for hearing.

In that incident the judge in rescinding the warrant for the arrest particularly warned Wisa that even if his lawyer was absent from court, he had no excuse to do so.

Jerry Avernogbor for his part stated that “My Lord, we are on our knees begging to rescind the bench warrant so my client could go and prepare for the case. We assure the court that never again would this happen.”

At the previous sitting the reason for the issuance of the arrest order was not different from the previous ones-Wisa was nowhere to be found.

This time around, his lawyer, who was in court hoping to see Wisa stated that he had not seen or heard from his client for about a month now after their last communication. He argued that in that communication, Wisa’s mother informed him that the accused had been vomiting and as such was unable to attend court during the last sitting.

According to Jerry, he could not deceive the court about his client’s whereabouts. The prosecutor, Inspector Judith B. Asante applied for a warrant which was granted by the trial judge.

Hearing adjourned until August 3, 2016. Wisa is standing trial for allegedly showing his manhood during a live performance on December 24, 2015 during the ‘December 2 Remember’ event at the Centre.

A video of the artiste stripping and rubbing his manhood against his female dancer on stage was put on social media, compelling his management to apologise for what it described as the artiste’s “rash and irresponsible behaviour.”

He has since denied the offence and is on a GH₵ 8,000 bail with one surety.
Source: Daily Guide

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.