We, the members of the New Patriotic Party in the Prampram Traditional Area of the Ningo-Prampram Constituency in the Greater Accra Region are in shock and disbelief at the attitude and behavior of our supposed Parliamentary Candidate in the person of Mr. Sylvester Matthew Tetteh.
We have worked tirelessly for our beloved party in the constituency. We have gone through some tough times in making our party attractive and what it is today in the constituency and we do not intend to sit and watch our party suffer another defeat in the hands of the NDC again. It is our belief that this is the best time for our beloved party to take the Ningo-Prampram seat from the NDC. However, the posture and composure of our PC indicates that he is not ready to lead our beloved party to victory come December 7th. His actions point to a complete disregard for the great opportunity that has been presented to the NPP in the 2016 elections.
We have previously submitted our grievances to the Constituency Council of Elders on two occasions - the 26th of June 2015 and 27th of August 2015, and we appreciate the manner in which they handled the matter maturely. At that meeting, there were two able observers from the party headquarters in the person of Hon Freddy Blay, 1st National Vice Chairman and Hon. Rashid Bawah. At our meeting to resolve the impasse, the PC, Sylvester Tetteh was unable to defend the issues brought up against him and it remains shocking and amazing how the young man has remained adamant and is not ready to change from his old ways. He has refused to take the advice given Him by our Elders and change his ways.
As law abiding members of the New Patriotic Party numbering over 2000, we are appealing to top hierarchy of our great party to re-open the nominations at our constituency in time if we want the party to win the Ningo-Prampram Seat this time around. We do not want to take the law into our own hands to bring the long achieved reputations of the party down. However, if nothing is done to address our issues speedily, the chaos in our party may escalate to uncontrollable proportions.
In the 2012 elections, Sylvester Matthew Tetteh marginalized the Prampram wing of the constituency under the pretext of the constituency being split into two. He asked the Prampram Traditional Area to look for our own candidate. His incessant attacks on the NDC candidate at the time Hon. Enoch Teye Mensah on tribal basis angered many neutrals and even sympathizers of the NPP. The campaign message by this young man was to simply create enmity between the Ningo Traditional Area and the Prampram Traditional Area thus causing massive disaffection in the Prampram Traditional Area. This heavily affected our Presidential Candidate, Nana Addo Dankwa Akuffo-Addo and caused him to lose the 2012 elections in the constituency.
Another point of discord is the fact that Mr. Sylvester Tetteh's campaign team has only two (2) people coming from the Prampram Traditional Area and a majority from the Ningo Traditional area. We have sixteen (16) constituency executives and only three (3) come from the Prampram Traditional Area. To us in the Prampram Traditional Area, this proves that our Parliamentary Candidate, Sylvester Tetteh meant what he said during his 2012 campaign that we the people of the Prampram Traditional Area are slaves.
To drive home this point to us, even though we have a party office in Old Ningo already and do not have any office in the Prampram Traditional Area, the Parliamentary Candidate has without any sensible reason gone ahead to open another party office in Ahwiam in the Ningo Traditional Area. Ahwiam, ladies and gentlemen of the Press is the hometown of the NDC Parliamentary Candidate, Sam George. Any intelligent political operative knows that the people are fiercely loyal to their son and showed it when the stood up to soldiers in defense of Sam George during the NDC primaries. Why waste our party logistics there when you could focus on the Prampram Lower Town where we all know we are getting a lot of support from the defeated NDC MP who is peeved at Sam George. Why not capitalize on the support we are getting from Hon E. T. Mensah in Prampram Lower Town by opening an office there? Or is it because our Candidate, Sylvester Tetteh sees us as slaves? To continue working and killing ourselves for Him?
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press, The NPP constitution provides that at least 1/3 of party’s eligible voters of a constituency (Delegates) should constitute a quorum for the purpose of any election. However, out of 425 voters (delegates) in the Ningo-Prampram constituency, only 96 delegates attended the program to acclaim the candidate which renders his acclamation unconstitutional. There should have at least been 142 people present to meet the constitutional requirement.
We therefore appeal to the top hierarchy of our beloved party to investigate this matter and ensure the right thing is done. Please, we implore you not to impose a candidate on us. Failure to heed and address our concern would see all of us and our dependents vote for Nana Akuffo Addo but not Sylvester Tetteh. We are not fighting our party neither are we fighting the candidate. We simply are for winning Ningo-Prampram for the NPP and Nana Akuffo Addo.
We also request our National hierarchy to call our Parliamentary Candidate, Sylvester Tetteh to order. He is the embodiment of disrespect and disregard for Elders. The PC walked the Chairman of the NPP Constituency Council of Elders, a National Representative and a Coordinator of NPP Volunteers 2016 group as well as an Electoral Area Coordinator from a meeting to commission his campaign team at Old Ningo on the 21st of May 2016. The Council of Elders Chairman has every right per the NPP constitution to sit in every Party meeting and be given audience but the PC, Sylvester Tetteh walked them out with the claim that they were not officially invited to attend the program.
EMBEZZLEMENT OF PARTY FUNDS
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press, one of our major issues against the Hon E. T. Mensah has been a lack of accountability of funds that have come to Him in 20 years to develop our constituency. We are however afraid that if what we witnessed with our PC in the 2012 elections and since then is anything to go by, He would be worse than Hon. E. T. Mensah. Below are some instances of financial impropriety by the PC;
1. During the 2012 elections, GHC 7,600 was released to the constituency to cover expenses for the election including payment of the polling station agents. The PC took GHC 6,000 which he claimed was used to pay his private security ‘’Macho’’ men alone. As a result, the party was left with GHC 1,600 to provide food and payments of agents fees. As we speak, no party polling agent has been paid since 2012 elections and this has really affected the morale of the grassroots and most of our members.
2. Hon. Isaac Amoh was given GHC 1,000 and some drinks by our flag bearer's wife, Madam Rebecca Akuffo Addo to be given to the Ningo Traditional Council as a donation from the NPP during the 2015 Homowo Durbar. Mr. Sylvester Tetteh went for the money and the items and went to the Durbar grounds and only presented the drinks to the Ningo traditional council in his name and not in the name of the NPP and instead of adding the money, Mr. Sylvester only pledged to bring the money later, when the money had been given to him in cash. The Traditional Council Secretary chased Sylvester Tetteh for this money but was to no avail. The case was rescued by some party executives who had to go for a loan to settle the Traditional Council.
3. Madam Rebecca Akuffo Addo again led a delegation to the Ningo-Prampram constituency not quite long ago and they paid a courtesy call on the Prampram Poly Clinic where they made some donations. One Mr. Ankrah, a member of the delegation promised to give the clinic GHC 1,000 to be used to purchase curtains/blinds for the clinic. Mr. Ankrah later gave the money to Mr. Sylvester Tetteh to be given to the clinic's administrator but again Mr. Sylvester Tetteh pocketed the money and all efforts to retrieve the money from him was unsuccessful. According to the Clinic's Administrator, He has called Mr. Sylvester Tetteh on several occasions but he kept telling him stories. The issue was later reported to Mrs. Akuffo Addo and then Mr. Ankrah got to know about the issue. To prevent further embarrassment Mr. Ankrah gave out GHC 2,000 this time directly to the Clinic's Administrator for the purchase of the curtains/Blinds.
4. During the 2012 elections, Mr. Sylvester Tetteh organized a fund raising at the Tema Rotary Club and made quite a lot of money for the party campaign but Mr. Sylvester Tetteh has refused to render an account to any member of our beloved party not even our Constituency Chairman. Up to date no one in our party knows how much he made from that fund raising. A fund raising that the constituency executives contributed to and also used their money to buy coupons.
5. Mr. Sylvester Tetteh knowing how suspicious and Vigilant party members and Constituency executives are now, and also knowing very well that we do not trust him when it comes to money matters and accountability, He secretly organized another fund raising this year together with the Ellembele Parliamentary Candidate of the NPP at the Alisa Hotel in Accra without the knowledge of any single constituency executive or polling station executives not even the party father or the Constituency Chairman. The case was brought to light by our constituency chairman, he claimed he heard the news from a friend outside the constituency. As we speak, we are still waiting on Sylvester to come out and tell us how much he made from that secret fund raising.
6. During the 2012 elections, our PC was given 40 Bicycles to assemble and to be given to party faithfuls and polling stations executives to aid their day to day activities with the electorate. Mr. Matthew Sylvester Tetteh kept the bicycles to himself and later told the party executives that the unassembled bikes were faulty so he sold them as parts. The Constituency executives are yet to receive a pesewa from him from the so called sale of the Bicycles parts.
Our friends in the Media, this young man is not trustworthy, he cannot account for anything he touches in the party. We are really worried about the fortunes of the NPP in Ningo-Prampram in this year’s election. We have the support of the defeated NDC MP which should make our work easier but our candidate is interested in personal gain. He is underestimating the NDC PC and thinking that this election would be simple. The NDC candidate has shown that he is a fighter and should not be underestimated. It breaks our heart to hear the NPP PC campaigning and telling people to vote for him and John Mahama instead of Nana Akuffo Addo. Our candidate does not care about our Flagbearer. He does not care about the NPP. He only cares about himself and his pocket. We would continue to fight for Nana Akuffo Addo and the NPP in Ningo-Prampram but we plead with our National Executives to salvage the party.
MR SAMUEL AYIKU (PRAMPRAM)
POLLING STATION CHAIRMAN
MR SETH DADZIE (DAWHENYA)
PARTY FATHER / NPP NINGO-PRAMPRAM FOUNDING MEMBER
MR DAVID ANDO (AFIENYA)
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|