Beyonce may already have one foot out the door. She’s been secretly shopping for new digs without Jay Z, sources told The Post.
The drunk in love hit maker looked at a $21.5 million Chelsea penthouse early last month — weeks after a videotaped elevator smack down involving Bey’s sister, Solange Knowles, and Jay, and amid growing rumors of an impending breakup, said sources close to the superstar couple.
“She was very quiet, as if she was looking on the sly,” a source said.
Fueling the notion that Beyoncé is not shopping for both of them is the fact that Jay Z has always been extremely involved in their real estate deals, sources said.
Yet he was nowhere to be seen during the apartment showing, they added. Jay also would be loath to leave their current posh Tribeca pad, a source said.
Noting that the couple’s 8,309-square-foot Tribeca crib is more than twice the size of the 4,045-square-foot West 19th Street pad Bey was looking at, the source added, “I can say with certainty that Jay is not downsizing.”
The source said it would seem clear the new home is for Beyoncé and their 2-year-old.
“There’s no way a $20 million apartment is for her mother or her sister. That would be wildly unlikely,’’ the source said.
As The Post reported, sources say it’s not a question of if the power couple will split but when.
The apparent trouble between them surfaced May 5, when Solange was caught on video punching and kicking in front of Bey in a Manhattan hotel elevator.
Source: The NewYork Post
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|