A Dutch tourist choked to death after swallowing his car keys while in Spain because locals could not understand him as he begged for help.
The unnamed 37-year-old swallowed his car keys by accident while on holiday in Barcelona with his family.
He entered a shopping centre in the district of Sarria-Sant Gervasi and pleaded for help but was kicked out by security because they could not understand what he was saying.
He collapsed outside the centre and security guards attempted to resuscitate him before paramedics arrived and discovered the car keys lodged in his throat.
Medics removed the keys and managed to stabilise the 37-year-old before taking him to Sant Pau Hospital, but he died a short while later on August 5.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|