Vacation period is officially over and it’s time to get back to our daily routines, but there’s no reason to let your skin lose that glowing, refreshed and rested shine! Dark and Lovely Crème 6 Oils is championing the drive to get back the skin you were born with, showing Ghanaians how just a little extra TLC for yourself as part of your daily routine can leave your skin looking and feeling good as new.
“Since I began using Dark and Lovely Crème 6 Oils last year I’ve seen a drastic change in my skin,” said actress and television host Ama K. Abebrese, “The six natural oils deliver intense moisture and leave my skin soft and glowing, so I make sure to use it every day!”
Ghana’s hot and humid weather conditions can leave skin dry, dull and rough. But there’s still hope for you to reverse the damage! Dark and Lovely is challenging Ghanaians to take up their six-week challenge pairing daily use of the first body lotion specifically designed for African skin, Dark and Lovely Crème 6 Oils, with just five simple steps to get back to the soft, smooth, glowing skin of your youth!
Text Box: Actress and TV host Ama K. Abebrese
1. Exercise – there are tons of reason why waking up that extra hour early to fit in some cardio or aerobic exercise, like a quick jog, to get your heart pumping and supplying your skin with oxygenated blood, which helps skin stay vibrant or healthy.
You could also multitask during down times at work to do some quick facial exercises to contour and shape your face as well as reduce wrinkles!
2. Eat Right–Take advantage of the rainbow of colourful fresh fruits and veggies all around us and be sure to eat them five times a day so your skin can get all the nutrients it needs to stay looking healthy and clear.
Fruits like oranges are rich in anti-aging Vitamin C, which prevents wrinkles and dry skin, whereas red meats have the opposite effect on skin. Remember that crash dieting can often lead to rapid loosening of skin, causing sagging, wrinkles and stretch marks.
Eating a healthy diet leads to gradual, sustained weight loss, which is better for your skin long term.
3. Avoid Stress – it’s important to take a break from our hectic schedules to focus on treating our body to a little rest and relaxation! Research shows that stress does significant damage to our skin, leaving it dry, dull and oily or even leading to flare-ups of eczema or dermatitis. Make sure you take just 15 minutes per day to do something that calms you down, like yoga, meditation, reading or even just some visual imagery! You’ll be happier and your skin will thank you for it!
4. Drink Water – By now, we’ve all heard that doctors recommend we take in at least 8 glasses of water per day, but did you know that with every gulp you’re clearing away the toxins that cause inflammation and blemishes? Dehydration is a serious threat, especially in Ghana’s often sweltering heat and it can leave skin looking grey and tired.
If you want to spice it up a bit, try making a nice pot of herbal or non-caffeinated tea, as the warm or hot water will actually help to repair skin cells, increasing the elasticity of the skin and eliminating the root causes of acne-related infections. Keep a water bottle at your desk at all times to ensure you always have a convenient way to refresh yourself and your skin!
5. dand lovely 1.jpgSleep – Never underestimate the power of a good night’s sleep! Your body goes into repair mode when it sleeps, allowing new skin cells to grow and replace older ones while all sorts of hormonal and metabolic changes are happening in your skin.
Sleep deprivation gives your skin a pale, washed-out look, but over-sleeping can have the same effect, so be sure to get between 7 – 9 hours every night to be feeling revived and looking fresh.
6. Dark and Lovely Crème 6 Oils – As the first body lotion specifically designed for African skin, Crème 6 Oils combines six natural oils to deliver all the power needed to defeat the most common skin defects found in African skin, including dullness and dryness.
Pick up your bottle today and use it daily right after you shower, when skin needs the most moisture, applying evenly to your face and body, especially focusing on the dry areas.
When you look better, you feel empowered to take over the world, so join the Dark and Lovely Crème 6 six weeks challenge and get back the glowing, beautiful skin you were born with!
Check out Dark and Lovely GH’s Facebook page to follow along with six Dark & Lovely fans who will be sharing their skincare journey with weekly updates and images of the changes their skin undergoes during their six week challenge.
Don’t forget to grab a bottle (or two) yourself, get to bed early, stock up on your fruits and veggies, set out some time for exercising and de-stressing and get your water bottles ready so you, too can get healthy, glowing skin everyone will be asking about!
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|