Home   >   News   >   General News   >   200907
Sakawa Snakes In Battle   
  << Prev  |  Next >>
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
Related Stories
The two young men who allegedly turned into snakes in a quest to get rich overnight, are said to be in a fierce battle over who led the other to the shrine of Nana Ogya at Aburi New-Town in the Eastern Region.

On Friday July 24, 2009 at about 9:30pm when Mallam Fatau arrived at one of his sanctuaries, where he had kept the two snakes in a calabash, the reptiles were reportedly in serious physical exchanges, thrashing each other in the receptacle.

Following this development, the two pythons which were said to be human beings, Kofi Adjei, 28 and Kwame Tetteh, also 28, have now been separated.

While one was put in a red clay pot, the other was left in the calabash to avert any further clash. “I had to separate them after which I fed them and put them to sleep then I left to my home.” Currently, the snakes are in a secret place under the watch of a spiritual woman caretaker whose name was not disclosed.

In a meeting with Mallam Fatau on Saturday July 25, the day on which Filco, 23 and Yaw Goro, 26, (the two who met the requirement of the spiritualist but were later struck with dumbness) were to be handed over to their families, DAILY GUIDE sought to know more about the significance of the white apparel and the red bands that were either tied to the waist or neck of the boys during the acclaimed ‘healing’ process.

Mallam Fatau explained that usually, people who invoked evil spirits wore black garments. Therefore, to translate the two boys from the power of darkness to light, he needed to adorn them with white.

The red bands, which according to Mallam Fatau were called “sari”, were powered with good spirits and served as a shroud around the boys, repelling every evil spirit. “It is not just a red cloth. I have performed some rituals on it before tying it on them to repel every evil power that may be sent to harm them,” he stated.

Asked why he thought even while under his tutelage the boys could be spiritually attacked, Mallam Fatau indicated that either Nana Ogya or any spiritualist among the crowd could attempt to deepen their woes, for reasons best known to the perpetrator. Mallam Fatau debunked claims that the snakes were not humans, adding that if anyone wanted to transform a human being into an animal, the person would take the exact shape and size of the animal.

“No spirit can turn anybody half animal and half human. Unless one had the opportunity to see the person turning, one would see a complete animal,” he stressed. Mallam Fatau said one Nyasaboakwa did indicate why the boys did not turn into any other snakes but Royal Pythons, which normally do not bite. He explained that if they bite, it only means they are real snakes because human beings do not bite.

Mallam Fatau revealed that Filco and Goro had told him that the sacrament pot in which they put the menstrual pads of their girlfriends allegedly contained human hearts. The two also said they needed to sacrifice a child each in every three months or so, had they started enjoying the ritual money.

Moreover, the family of the girls whose pads were used in the ritual, according to Mallam Fatau, would have suffered very serious repercussions since they would be hit by premature deaths while the girls would suffer strange and incurable diseases if the curse had not been reversed. He said even though he had assured the girls and their families that the curse had been reversed, they were still sceptical, threatening to deal with Goro and Filco.

Mallam Fatau would however travel to Yeji by the close of today to bring the wonder oil and talcum powder he claimed would perform the miraculous transformation of the snakes into human beings again. But how would the public receive these snakes in their transformed state? The two snakes are being claimed to be Kofi Adjei, 28 and Kwame Tetteh, 28 who were among four boys who went to the Shrine of Nana Ogya of Aburi for ritual money. Nana Ogya had charged them GH˘500 each and gave them a sacrament pot, which he indicated, contained human hearts.

Nana ordered the four to bring along the menstrual pads of their girlfriends which they would put in the pot to invoke the money-making spirits after which they could start enjoying their money in two weeks. He also indicated that failure to produce the said pads could result in death or being transformed into animals.

When the time was due for their next visit to the shrine, the two survivors, Filco, 23, and Goro, 26, provided the pads, but Kofi and Kwame failed without any explanation.

This led to the present state of the two (snakes), with Filco and Goro being stricken with dumbness after revealing what had happened to their friends.
The two said the quest for riches and fame was ignited when their employer, one Kofi Tutu who hails from the Brong-Ahafo Region, lavished money on them, paying them double the charges for their masonry work.

According to them, they disclosed their quest to their employer whom they claimed was putting up a posh three-storey building at Afrafra, Nsawam. Kofi Tutu assured them of help and on May 27, he led them to the shrine of Nana Ogya at Aburi New-Town where they were charged GH˘500 each for the wealth they so much craved for.

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
Featured Video