The Central Regional Fire Safety Officer, Mr Mark Antwi-Quaye has appealed to the government to provide them with breathing gargets to protect them from inhaling smoke during fire fighting.
Mr Antwi-Quaye made the appeal when the Central Regional Minister, Mr Aquinas Tawiah Quansah, and Central Regional NADMO officials visited the Winneba electricity sub-station where a transformer got burnt.
He said two Fire Service personnel from the Winneba Fire Station on Saturday inhaled smoke when fighting the fire outbreak at the suib-station.
The Regional Minister and his entourage were conducted round the sub-station by the Effutu Municipal Chief Executive, Nii Ephraim, Mr Justine Goka, Fire Safety Officer at the Winneba Fire Service Station and some officials from the Winneba Electricity Company of Ghana.
Mr Aquinas Tawiah assured the communities that the government was making efforts to restore power to them.
Electricity has been restored to Winneba and Agona Swedru.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|