Home   >   News   >   General News   >   201511
Mahama Inspects Expansion Works At Bolga Hospital   
  << Prev  |  Next >>
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
Related Stories
President John Mahama last Thursday inspected expansion works at the Bolgatanga Regional Hospital with an assurance that the Upper East Region will get its fair share of development projects.

The President, who was accompanied by his wife, Mrs Lordina Mahama, government and party functionaries, stated that the expansion of the facilities at the hospital was temporary and that the region would in due course be provided with a new regional hospital.

The Regional Director of Health Services, Dr Kofi Issah, conducted the President and his entourage round the facility.

The $48 million expansion project is part of the government's efforts to provide each of the 10 regions with a modern regional hospital.

When completed, facilities such as dental, imaging, pharmacy, accident and emergency, intensive care, ENT, eye, mental health, public health, herbal medicine units would be provided.

A mortuary, laundry, laboratory and a blood bank unit would also be constructed.

The Saudi Fund for Development is providing 85 per cent of the total cost of the project while the government is taking care of the remaining 15 per cent.

The Saudi Consulting Services is supervising the project which is being constructed by Berock Ventures Limited.

On November 5, 2008 a $12million US loan agreement was signed between the Saudi Development Fund and the government of Ghana to execute the project.

Following that agreement, the Ministry of Health signed a contract with Messrs Saudi Consulting Services, a civil engineering firm, to procure a contractor and supervise the actual construction.

On December 9, 2013, Messrs Berock Ventures Limited was awarded the contract and work started on January 20, 2014.

The Upper East Region would also benefit from the construction of modern hospitals in five districts.They are Garu-Tempane, Talensi, Nabdam, Kassena Nankana West and Builsa South.

The President indicated that all regional capitals, including Bolgatanga, would benefit from a 10 kilometre stretch of roads under the Regional Capitals Road Improvement Projects.

He said portions of the Bolgatanga-Bongo road which were peeling off would be repaired.

The President further stated that the Bolgatanga-Bawku, Nankpanduri-Kulungugu, Navrongo-Fumbisi, Tamale-Paga and Navrongo-Chuchuliga-Tumu-Han-Wa roads, which he noted were showing signs of damage, would undergo repairs when the government secured funding from the Brazilian government.

"We have prioritised all these roads and I want to assure you that the Bolgatanga-Bawku road, for instance, would be in a better shape by next year In fact, we are bringing on board a second contractor to help speed up work on that road," he stated.
Source: Daily Graphic

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
Featured Video