Home   >   News   >   Social   >   201307
Student Burns To Death In Candle Fire   
 
  << Prev  |  Next >>
 
06-Jul-2013  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
A 15-year old pupil of the Ho Bankoe E.P. Junior High School met his untimely death when fire gutted their bedroom at Anlokordzi, a suburb of Ho on Thursday night.

The deceased, Braimah Yakubu was studying under candle light when he fell asleep with the candle falling and torching combustible materials in the room.

The Ho Municipal Police Commander, Superintendent Nicholas Opare Ofosuhene, told the ‘Daily Graphic’ that the deceased lived in the same room with his father, Issifu Yakubu, a night watchman.

According to him, after the father left for work, the deceased lit a candle with which he was studying since lights had gone off at that time in the Ho Municipality.

In the course of the night, the deceased is believed to have fallen asleep, and the candle may have been knocked down leading to fire catching other combustible materials in the room.

Superintendent Ofosuhene said that at about 10pm, a neighbor saw smoke coming out of the room where the deceased was and consequently raised the alarm.

According to the Ho Municipal Fire Officer, Mr. Joy Agbleze, it was after the Fire Service had successfully put out the fire that the charred body of the deceased was found. He suspected Braimah was apparently attempting to escape but may have been prevented by the intensity of the smoke. He said, however, that there was no electricity connection to the house.
 
 
Source: Daily Graphic
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
 
 
Featured Video