Home   >   News   >   Social   >   201308
Updated: Fire At Korle Bu 'Diabetic Centre'...Patients Folders Burnt   
 
  << Prev  |  Next >>
 
26-Aug-2013  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
Information reaching peacefmonline.com says fire has engulfed the Diabetic Centre of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.

Efforts put in by some workers to put out the fire proved futile until firemen from the Ghana National Fire Service came in.

According to our reporters on ground, fire personnel who were called to the scene have been able to put out the fire.

An eyewitness told our reporters that the fire outbreak at the Centre was as a result of another fire that was set behind it.

"Efforts to put out the fire proved futile because the door was locked but we called upon the fire personnel and they responded quickly" he said.

Public Relations Officer of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Mr Mustapha Salifu said it was just a part of the Diabetic Centre that got burnt.

He said although folders of patients got burnt, they will still be taken care of and records will be retrieved.
 
 
Source: Rebecca Addo-Tetteh/Peacefmonline.com/Ghana
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
 
 
Featured Video