Home   >   News   >   Social   >   201703
Passengers Attack Metro Mass Driver   
  << Prev  |  Next >>
Comments ( 1 )     Email    Print
The conductor of the bus (leaning on the coconut tree) being attacked by the angry passengers
Related Stories
Hell allegedly broke loose at Anto, a farming community near Daboase in the Western Region, on Monday when angry passengers on board a Takoradi-Kumasi bound Metro Mass Transit (MMT) bus reportedly pounced on the driver and his conductor to refund their fares when the bus broke down.

According to information DAILY GUIDE gathered, the furious passengers purportedly subjected the driver and his conductor to attacks after the passengers had been stranded for close to six hours.

“The passengers rushed on the driver and the bus conductor to demand back their fares after the bus broke down at Anto for over six hours,” an eyewitness told DAILY GUIDE.

The paper gathered that the bus reportedly left Takoradi for Kumasi at about12 midday on Monday, March 27, 2017 and broke down at Anto at about 12:45 pm.

After some time, some mechanics were reportedly called in to help fix the fault.

However, the mechanics could not help to resolve the problem and the situation infuriated the passengers the more and so some of them rushed on the bus conductor and the driver to demand their monies.

Their reason was that their time was being wasted and that they would miss certain business opportunities.

To help save the situation, another bus was brought in to continue the journey.

The drama-saddled journey was thrown into another controversy soon after the bus had started when the conductor rushed to a police station along the road to make an assault case against one of the passengers.

The police reportedly came to arrest the said passenger but the other passengers resolved not to allow the police to carry out the arrest and in the process, the bus was held up for over two hours till the issue was resolved.

The MMT bus, which was supposed to reach Kumasi around 4pm on Monday, eventually arrived at about 1:00 am on Tuesday, March, 28.

Confirming the story in an interview with Takoradi-based Skyy Power FM, the Western Regional Director of MMT, Emmanuel Jefferson, apologised to the passengers for the hiccups.

He indicated that the problem was a minor one and so some mechanics from the company were sent to go and help fix the fault.

Unfortunately, as the bus was moving the problem resurfaced and so they had to send a new bus to continue the journey.
Source: Daily Guide

Comments ( 1 ): Post Your Comments >>

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
Featured Video