The family of a Cameronian who was lynched are currently seeking justice stating that their relative was never a criminal as it was alleged.
Akroman Betro Stephane, a 44-year-old Cameronian, lost his life following a mob attack at Ahwiaa in the Kwabre East Municipality of the Ashanti region.
The 44-year-old Cameronian, who lived in Ghana as a business mogul, met his untimely death on Thursday dawn following an alleged robbery and kidnap with his brother-in-law, a 29-year-old Aka Christ.
The two are said to have allegedly snatched a car and kidnapped two children.
Other reports suggested that the two only stole a phone. According to eyewitnesses, the foreign nationals were chased from Adabraka near Pankrono. Luck eluded them at Ahwiaa in the Kwabre East Municipality where they became victims of a mob attack.
The Mamponteng police came to the rescue of the two who were later admitted to the Mamponteng government hospital. Unfortunately for 44-year-old Stephane, he passed on at around 3:30 am on Thursday dawn, according to the doctor's report.
A thorough investigation from a security source revealed that the two suspects were innocent. As earlier reports suggested, they neither snatched a car, kidnapped children nor stole a mobile phone.
The police and immigration officers who have been investigating the matter refused to speak on the matter at the time of filing this report.
However, a tip-off by a security source confirmed that the said car belonged to the duo with credible documents backing it.
Police are yet to establish any accurate charge that led to the brutality of the two victims as no one had officially lodged any complaint at the time this story was filed.
Reaction from the deceased' wife and family:
Mrs. Faha Nadine Victoire, wife of the 44-year-old deceased and sister of Aka Christ, speaking with journalists said the victims were innocent.
According to her, she and the husband peacefully lived in Accra where the husband deals in phones and accessories as a business mogul.
She further revealed that she and her husband came to Kumasi for a meeting organised by Cameron nationals in Ghana.
The wife, who was in a sombre mood, revealed that she was in a hotel room at Pankrono when the information came that her husband and her brother had been attacked.
"I immediately called my husband but one guy picked up the call and told me that he seized my husband's phone because my husband was nabbed as a thief. But when I inquired about my husband's whereabouts, he hung up on me. My husband is not a thief, he is a businessman and the car they claimed he stole is his own car. I'm disappointed in Ghana people," she said while weeping.
She has, however, called on the security service to make ensure justice is served and the perpetrators brought to book.
According to her, the husband left behind three children.
Meanwhile, some family members have declared the innocence of their two relatives and called for justice to prevail.
They also appealed to the police and the immigration officers to as a matter of urgency take charge of the matter.
In a related development, information gathered revealed that the surviving victim was carried along with the police to help in their investigation.
Reaction from the MCE:
Meanwhile, the MCE for the area, Opoku Agyemang Bonsu, has urged the police to thoroughly investigate the matter and bring the perpetrators to book.
He further called on the public to always exercise restraint when it comes to mob attack
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|