Home   >   Politics   >   Politics   >   201112
NDC MPs In Volta Region Seek Re-election   
 
  << Prev  |  Next >>
 
22-Dec-2011  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
All incumbent Members of Parliament (MPs) of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Volta Region have collected forms to contest their seats at the primaries scheduled for January 21 next year.

The MP for Ho-West, Mr Emmanuel Bedzrah, may however contest unopposed since no other person had collected forms so far to challenge him.

A deputy Minister for Finance and Economic planning, Mr Fifii Kwetey, has entered the race to contest the sitting MP, Mr Albert Zigah in the Ketu South constituency.

The Volta regional secretary of NDC, Mr Simon Amegashie-Viglo, who disclosed this to the “Daily Graphic” said the highest number of forms purchased so far came from the Ketu-South constituency adding that, a district coordinator of the National Service Scheme
in Brong-Ahafo, Mr Raphael Alorwu and the Ketu-South constituency youth organiser, Mr Fogah Nukunu.

Others in the Ketu-South include, Ms Elizabeth Kuenyefu and Eso Waklatsi all constituency executives.

He said about 100 forms had been sold out in the 21 constituencies adding that the Hohoe-South constituency registered the lowest purchase of forms where only one lady called Ms Angela Tay was poised to contest the sitting MP, Mr Joseph Amenowode, the Volta Regional Minister.

The regional secretary disclosed that an ex-MP, Mr John Kojo Gyapong, had collected forms to contest the incumbent, Mr Joseph Ofori in the Akan constituency.

Dr Kwami Ampofo, also an ex-MP may lock horns with the incumbent, Mr Edem Asimah and Mr Rockson Deafemekpor in the South- Dayi constituency.

He said other new entrants into the race in the region included, the National Propaganda Secretary, Mr Richard Quarshigah, Mr Chris Ackumey and Mr Rockyfeller Amudzi who would contest the sitting MP, Mr Richard Agbenyefia Lassey for the Keta seat.

He further said the finance officer of the University of Education, Winneba, Mr Ben Kpodo, also collected forms to contest the sitting MP for Ho-Central, Captain George Nfodjoh, whilst a deputy Minister for Information, Mr Samuel Okudjeto Ablakwa had picked forms to contest Mr Charles Hodogbey, the sitting MP for North Tongu constituency.

Some constituency breakdown are Ave-Avenor-three, Buem-three, Ketu-South-nine, Ketu-North-four, Hohoe-North-eight, Biakoye-three, Akan-eight, Hohoe-South-three, South-Dayi-three, Ho-Central-five. The contestants are expected to return filled nomination forms by Friday, December 23, 2011.

Mr Amegashie-Viglo, however, said primaries would not be held on January 21 in Ave-Avenor, Ho-East, Krachi-West, North-Dayi and Ketu-South constituencies because of the proposal to create new districts in those areas.
 
 
Source: Tim Dzamboe/D-Graphic
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
 
 
Featured Video