A deputy Minister of Information, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, has rubbished claims that there exists a ‘Castle Account’ in which monies from the Alfred Woyome judgment debt were deposited for onward disbursement to a special syndicate within government.
An outspoken New Patriotic Party (NPP) MP for Assin North Kennedy Agyepong on Thursday morning alleged that a substantial amount of the controversial GhC51 million judgment debt was deposited in the said account at the seat of the Ghana government.
However, speaking on the Citi Eyewitness News on Thursday evening, Hon. Ablakwa dismissed the allegation saying nothing exists like a ‘Castle Account’ in which an amount from the GHc51 million awarded to the NDC financier was paid into.
“Government would like to place on record quite forcefully that there is no such thing known as the Castle account,” he said. “No money has been paid into the phantom account; the account doesn’t exist in the first place. ”
He also stated that there are no records to indicate that GhC 5 million was also paid into the accounts of the nation broadcaster, Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC), as alleged by Hon. Agyepong.
Hon. Ablakwa explained that the only amount owed GBC by the government is monies to be paid for the coverage of the ruling NDC congress held in Sunyani last year.
He warned NPP members to pay due diligence to the Alfred Woyome judgment debt saga and avoid misinforming the public.
Source: citifmonline. com
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|