FAKS Investigative Services, an investigative and research company in Ghana, has named Local Government and Rural Development Minister, Samuel Ofosu Ampofo, as the Best Minister in 2012.
The survey conducted by FAKS also named Deputy Information Minister Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa as the Best Deputy Minister.
Below is the full statement
FAKS Investigative Services release Survey on the Performance of Ministers and Parliamentarians
A survey conducted by FAKS Investigative Services, an investigative and research company in Ghana, between the months of November and December 2012 recognise some exceptional work done by some Ministers, Deputy Ministers, Regional Ministers and Members of Parliament in Ghana.
The objective of this survey is to recognize the tremendous contributions that MPs and Ministers have made towards the development of the country.
However, there are some of them who stand tall among their colleagues. These personalities have done well in exercising their duties, according to the public.
The survey was conducted by taking samples and asking the opinion of many Ghanaians on the streets of Accra, Tema, Kumasi, Ho, Tamale, Koforidua, and Sunyani, on which minister is doing or has done well during the year 2012 and deserves recognition?
Method of the survey
FAKS Investigative Services went to the streets of Accra, Tema, Kumasi, Ho, Tamale, Koforidua, and Sunyani and opinion were sought, as to which Minister performs well.
Samples were taken from over 2,000 Ghanaians who gave their opinion as to who is doing well. Per the results, the winners scored averagely between 85% and 90% mark. 1st runners-up had between 65% and 80% while the 2nd runners-up scored between 50% and 60%. This was based on the number of names mentioned by Ghanaians and their reasons.
The MPs survey was conducted in Parliament with mostly response coming from Journalists, and workers.
During the survey, some of the reasons for the nominations by Ghanaians were Public Speeches, Character, Service Performances to their respective Ministries, and Loyalty to Ghanaians.
The winners are:
1. Best Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Samuel Ofosu Ampofo (Local Government and Rural Development Ministry)
2. 2nd Best Minister of the Year 2012 – Madam Hannah Tetteh (Trade and Industry Ministry)
3. 3rd Best Minister of the Year 2012 – Hon. Haruna Iddrisu (Communications Ministry)
1. Best Deputy Minister of the Year 2012 – Hon. Samuel Okudzato Ablakwah (Information Ministry)
2. 2nd Best Deputy Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Seth Tekper (Finance Ministry)
3. 3rd Best Deputy Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Elvis Afriyie Ankrah (Local Government and Rural Development Ministry)
1. Best Regional Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Victor Smith (Eastern Regional Minister)
2. 2nd Best Regional Minister of the Year 2012 – Dr. Kwaku Agyeman-Mensah (Ashanti Regional Minister)
3. 3rd Best Regional Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Paul Evans Aidoo (Western Regional Minister)
1. Overall Best MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. William Ofori Boafo (MP for Akropong)
2. Best Majority MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. Alban Sumani Bagbin (MP for Nadowli West)
3. Best Minority MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. Osei Kyei Mensah-Bonsu (MP for Suame)
4. Best Majority Female MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. Hajia Mary Salifu Boforo (MP for Savelugu)
5. Best Minority Female MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. Cecilia Abena Dapaah (MP for Bantama)
The survey was sponsored by Gentrac Investment Limited
Mr. Fred Yaw Sarpong
CEO FAKS Investigative Services
+233 (0)204646009/ +233 (0)277834408
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|