Home   >   Politics   >   Politics   >   201504
Portuphy To Leave NADMO Soon…To Pursue NDC’s Agenda 2016?   
 
  << Prev  |  Next >>
 
20-Apr-2015  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
Impeccable sources at the seat of government have revealed that the National Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Kofi Portuphy, has finally been asked to take a bow from the operations of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO).

He is to focus on devising strategies for the party to win the crucial 2016 elections, which is about 20 months away.

Credible information gathered from the office of the Chief of Staff, has it that Mr. Portuphy was prevailed upon by key personalities in both the government and the governing party to resign.

Sources say, his job as the National Coordinator of the disaster response management agency, has been conflicting with his job as the National Chairman of the NDC.

For instance, it is being speculated that since the beginning of this year; Mr. Portuphy, has attended two of the Functional Executives Committee (FEC) meetings held every Tuesday of the week at party office in Adabraka, a suburb of Accra.

He is been told to go and make the party battle ready , especially so, when it’s bitterest opponents, the NPP, has started their campaign with its Vice-presidential Candidate, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, on a nationwide tour.

He has been to parts of Greater Accra, Northern Region, Upper East and West. He was in the Volta Region last week, and is expected to be in Kumasi and other parts of the Ashanti Region.

The Flagstaff House, according to highly placed sources, is not enthused about Mr. Portuphy heading NADMO and heading the party as the same time.

The sources say, the seat of government found nothing wrong, when he was one of the Vice Chairmen of the party and at the same time the National Coordinator of NADMO. However heading both the NDC and NADMO, now means a divided attention.

NADMO insiders have also told The Herald that for some time now, Mr. Portuphy, has not being showing up for work. This has given the impression he has resigned his post.

But when The Herald reached Mr. Portuphy on his phone for some answers, pertaining to him being asked to take a bow from NADMO, he denied it stating he is still at post.

He told The Herald in a text message last week that he had not resigned. Attempt to seek further clarification from him drew blank.
 
 
Source: The Herald
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
 
 
Featured Video