Home   >   Politics   >   Politics   >   201507
Kwesimintim NPP primary in limbo   
 
  << Prev  |  Next >>
 
26-Jul-2015  
Comments ( 0 )     Email    Print
       
 
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
A court injunction has been placed on Kwesimintim New Patriotic Party (NPP) parliamentary primary slated for Saturday, July 25.

The Western Regional Director of the Electoral Commission, Mr Stephen Opoku-Mensah, confirmed the receipt of the injunction to the Ghana News Agency(GNA).

He said, in view of this, the elections intend to elect a parliamentary candidate for the NPP in the Kwesimintim constituency had been called off until further notice.

The GNA news team gathered that a parliamentary aspirant, Mr Joseph Mensah, who was disqualified by the Regional Vetting Committee, filed the injunction at the Sekondi High Court on Thursday, July 23.

The Spokesperson for Mr Mensah told the GNA that the disqualified aspirant petitioned the National Appeals Committee of the party concerning the status of his membership card, which was the basis for the disqualification; however, the Committee had not communicated its findings to the applicant.

Therefore, the injunction was intended to seek clarification from the Appeals Committee before any action would be taken by the applicant.

The General Secretary of the NPP, Mr Kwabena Agyei Agyepong, on Wednesday, July 22, issued a statement indicating that parliamentary primaries would be held in eight outstanding constituencies including Kwesimintim, Klottey Korle, Tema West, Tema Central, Obom-Domeabra, Okaikoi South, Kintampo North and Juaben on Saturday.
 
 
Source: GNA
 
 

Comments ( 0 ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
 
 
Featured Video