The ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) has barred 23 members of the party who are contesting as independent parliamentary candidates in the December 7 polls from using "the party's paraphernalia, or the use of names of key party officials, including the party's presidential candidate in their campaigns or political activities".
According to the party, the 23 members are in breach of articles 8( d,f); 45( a,b,c &e) and 46(10) of the party's constitution.
“The affected persons by their conduct and on their own volition have ceased to be members of the party” the NDC said in a press statement signed by its General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia popularly known as General Mosquito.
Read full statement below:
BREACH OF PARTY CODE OF CONDUCT.
It has come to the notice of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the National Democratic Congress( NDC) that some party members, including some sitting members of parliament are contesting as independent parliamentary candidates in the 2016 General Elections.
The General Secretary acting on behalf of NEC wishes to inform the general public and especially all such persons that they are in breach of articles 8( d,f); 45( a,b,c &e) and 46(10) of the party's constitution. The affected persons by their conduct and on their own volition have ceased to be members of the party.
NEC has therefore decided that with immediate effect:
1. All such persons are barred from the use of the party's paraphernalia, or the use of names of key party officials, Including the party's presidential candidate in their campaigns or political activities.
2. Also, the Party by article 46(10) of its constitution orders all such persons to return all party property( including vehicles) in their possession.
3. All regional and constituency chairmen are mandated to ensure that all party property in the possession of such persons are retrieved from them immediately.
4. Pursuant to articles 45 & 46 executive members of the party who endorsed the nomination forms of independent parliamentary candidates or who are campaigning for independent candidates have by their actions and on their own volition also ceased to be members of the party.
Below is the list of the affected independent parliamentary candidates
1. Samson Abu (sitting MP) - Lawra
2. Pharauk Bandanaa - Wa West.
1. Anthony Cobinna - Cape Coast South
1. Alhassan Bunglung - Savelugu.
2.Joseph Amuzu: Saboba(already resigned).
3.Namburr Berrick - Bunkpurugu.
1. Harrold Cobinna (sitting MP) - Akontonbra.
2. John Amenlemah - Jomoro
1. Elvis Ativoe - Agotime Ziope
2. Albert Zigah - Ketu South
3. Jim Morti - Ketu South
4. Wogbemase Kpikpitse - North Dayi
5. Christopher Eleblu - North Tongu
6. Evans Gadeto Djikunu - Akatsi South.
7. Edwin Tukpeyi - Ho Central.
8. Dr David Kofil Ahorse - Buem.
9. Joseph Ofor (sitting MP) - Akan.
10. Timothy Udijol - Nkwanta North.
11. Emmanuel Jalulah - Karachi West.
1. Peter Yakubu Pandam - Garu.
2. Dr. Francis Asaana - Tempane
3. Simon Akuye - Pusiga.
4. Saeed Ayuba - Bawku Central
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|