The 2016 Ghana Movie Awards (MAG) has announced that entry for submission of works will close on October 20. This follows MAG's new strategy to open entry all year round immediately after hosting the awards in December.
The Ghana Movie Awards is an event to recognize excellence by annually honoring achievements of actors, writers, directors, producers, technicians and other professionals in the film making industry of Ghana and the rest of Africa.
It is organized by Gollywood Production Limited with support from major stakeholders of the film industry, to provide opportunities for filmmakers to have spotlight on their films. It also aims to promote and support Ghanaian filmmaking.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES: OCTOBER 20, 2016
To compete for a MAG: Pick, complete and return an official entry form to the secretariat at the Silhouette Advertising office located at No Ct 419/4 floor, Goodwill Road, Kokomlemle close to Unicredit, former Procredit Building, or call 0302-244643, 0302 244645.
Dates and venue
Nominations will be announced on November 10. The category winners will be announced November 30 at the Kempinski Hotel.
The Planning committee, MAG Executive Academy members Screening and Active-Academy members reserve the right to place entries into alternative categories if they feel it is to the benefit of the title. Each submission should be entered separately. Entries will be assessed and successful submissions will be programmed for screening and entering the awards.
Formats acceptable for selection process: 5 DVDs. Final date for submission is October,20 2016.
MAG Executive Academy members, general public and Active Academy members will select final award winning entries by voting for the favorite movies, actors and TV soaps. All nominees will be notified at least 15 days before the awards show.
Organizers reserve the right to use extracts form submission for awards publicity and Marketing
· Performance by actor in a leading role
· Performance by an actress in a leading role
· Performance by an actor in a supporting role
· Performance by an actress in a supporting role
Animated Short & Feature Film/Movie:
· Best animated short or feature film/movie
· Achievement in cinematography
Costume & Wardrobe:
· Achievement in costume and wardrobe
· Achievement in directing
Documentary & Short Film/Movie:
· Best documentary
· Best short movie
· Achievement in movie editing
Make-up & Hair Styling:
· Achievement in make-up and hair styling
· Original score
· Original song
· Best motion picture of the year (Best production)
· Achievement in production design (the MAG Silhouette shall be given also for the set decoration on the picture/movie that wins the production design award)
Sound Editing & Mixing:
· Achievement in sound editing and mixing
· Achievement in visual effects
· Achievement in adapted and original screenplay
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|