The 2016 VGMA board have disclosed that dancehall artiste Shatta Wale would not be part of the year's nominees ahead of the official launch.
The Board has declared that dancehall artiste Charles Nii Armah Jnr, popularly known as Shatta Wale will not be nominated for the awards this year.
The Board of the awards made the disclosure during a press conference Tuesday at the World Trade Centre in Accra to address issues and controversies generated by this year’s awards.
According to the Board, Shatta Wale can only be part of this year’s awards unless he completes the process of officially apologizing publicly for maligning the VGMA Board, delete all defamatory videos and statements on social media among other things.
Watch how the board annonced Shatta Wale's disqualification.
Changes In This Year's VGMAs
The board also announced some changes in this year's event.
1. The Nominee’s jam is going to Ho in the Volta region.
2. There would be no industry awards night so all awards will be presented at main event.
3. Date for main event is May 7, 2016
4. There would be no Gospel Album of the year award because according the board there were not enough Gospel albums with at least 3 hit songs as per the category defination.
6. Lifetime achievement award and MUSIGA merit award will be merged this year.
7. No music for development award this year
8. All nominees will be officially announced solely on EIB Network platforms across the country on Friday Febaruary 26 from 8am to 8pm, ahead of the main launch.
The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2016 will be officially launched on Friday February 26, 2016 at Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel. The event is strictly by invitation.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|