When it comes to weddings, you might be familiar with the phrase "till death do us part." But not every couple is cut out to make it that far.
In the celebrity world, we've gone over all kinds of marriages — celebrities who eloped, celebrities who married young, and even the celebrity marriages you totally forgot about.
Now, it's time to talk about the marriages that couldn't make it to a year.
• Drew Barrymore and Tom Green(9 Months): There aren't a whole lot of details about the couple's divorce, except that they cited "irreconcilable differences." They also released statements: Drew said, "Yes, it is true we have decided to part. I love Tom very much. He has always been a great friend and that won't change." Meanwhile, Tom said, "Drew is a wonderful woman, I love her very much. I wish our marriage could have worked out; I wish her much happiness.
• Colin Farrell and Amelia Warner(4 Months): Well, this marriage reportedly wasn't really legal. Amelia said, "We didn't actually get married — it's not actually true. I think we've been too polite to deny it. We had a ceremony on a beach in Tahiti that was by no means legal, and we knew it wasn't."
• Renée Zellweger and Kenny Chesney(4 Months): According to reports, Renée cited "fraud" as the reason for the split, and the couple's joint statement only made things weirder: "The miscommunication of the objective of their marriage at the start is the only reason for this annulment. Renée and Kenny value and respect each other and are saddened that their different objectives prevent the success of this marriage."
• Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson(4 Months): The two filed for separation shortly after Thanksgiving in 2006. Pamela's rep commented, "It wasn't a happy Thanksgiving," and she wrote on her blog, "Yes, it's true. Unfortunately impossible."
• Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley(3 Months): The couple both released statements. Lisa said, "I'm sad about this, but we shouldn't have been married in the first place. Nicolas Cage stated, "I did not comment on the marriage; I am not going to comment on the divorce."
• Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries(72 Days): The two cited "irreconcilable differences," but it didn't seem quite mutual. In a public comment, Kris Humphries stated, "I love my wife and am devastated to learn she filed for divorce. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it work." Kim posted about it on her blog: "I got caught up with the hoopla. . . . I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have."
• Mario Lopez and Ali Landry(2 Weeks): Mario admitted to cheating on Ali just days before the wedding: "It was Spring break. . . . Everybody was hanging out. That was a situation where I was not mature and man enough."
• Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds(2 Weeks): Tracey and Eddie are another couple that didn't technically get married. A portion of their statement read, "After much consideration and discussion, we have jointly decided that we will forego having a legal ceremony as it is not necessary to define our relationship further. “ While the recent symbolic union in Bora Bora was representative of our deep love, friendship, and respect that we have for each other on a spiritual level, we have decided to remain friends.”
• Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman(9 Days): The original ceremony happened in Las Vegas after an all-night bender. Dennis stated he was of unsound mind when he exchanged vows.
• Britney Spears and Jason Alexander(55 Hours): Britney Spears is another star who committed to an impromptu ceremony in Las Vegas. The petition to annul the union stated, "Plaintiff Spears lacked understanding of her actions to the extent that she was incapable of agreeing to the marriage."