Popular American singer Ari Lennox has been bullied on social media after she described Ghana as the most beautiful place and her ancestral home.
The singer has since deleted all her posts in which she made the said declarations from Twitter.
The ‘Shea butter baby’ hitmaker who spent her Christmas holidays in Ghana and also graced the annual ‘Afrochella’ concert took to Twitter to share positive posts about the country.
Ari Lennox did not only describe Ghana as the most beautiful place in the world but also disclosed that her emotions were triggered when she realized Ghana was the place her ancestors were transported as slaves through the Caribbean to Europe and America.
This was after the singer who is currently signed unto Grammy award winner J. Cole’s record label was treated to a soothing tour of Elmina where she discovered she has ancestral roots.
"Yea Ghana is the most beautiful country in the world. Wow it's a rare and good feeling to consistently wake up with peace and happiness. I really owe that to Ghana. I'll never forget suddenly crying the first time going to a beach in Ghana. It was so triggering. And I didn’t feel alone. My heart ached/aches for my ancestors. Ghana is my ancestral home. It was a surreal experience.”
Her comments attracted severe backlash from some social media users who disagreed with her claims that Ghana is the most beautiful place in the world.
She was subjected to insults and attacks to an extent that Ari Lennox who appeared fed up deleted the comments.
Who Is Ari Lennox? -
Ari is a rising singer/songwriter whose name you’ll want to get to know FAST!
Congrats to Ari Lennox on the release of her debut album, ‘Shea Butter Baby.’
Ari Lennox absolutely wowed her fans with her debut album, Shea Butter Baby, which was released on May 7. To accompany the album, Ari will be starting a tour on May 12, which will take her across the United States to play for her loyal supporters. Several of the dates are even already sold out! Ari might not be a mainstream name just yet, but she has a super passionate fan base, and she’s definitely one to watch, especially with all this new music out there. Here’s more to know about the 28-year-old who’s quickly becoming a household name:
1. She’s signed to J. Cole’s record label. After releasing her music independently on the Internet beginning in 2012, Ari signed to J. Cole’s record label, Dreamville Records, in December 2015. She dropped her debut EP, Pho, in Oct. 2016, and appeared as a featured artist on J. Cole’s track, “Chance,” released in Dec. 2016. Despite getting major support from J. Cole, Ari has admitted that she didn’t initially think he’d be interested in signing her. “I didn’t really think Cole was into me,” she told Billboard. “He was cool, but he was talking about Earthgang the whole time. Earthgang is probably one of the most brilliant groups out, so I was definitely honored to be learning about them through Cole, but I was jealous. I was like, ‘Damn, he loves them! I wish he’d love me like that! Damn the shade.’ But it wasn’t like that at all. Cole is just hard to read sometimes.”
2. She’s been influenced by some of the most powerful female vocalists of all-time. Ari lists her inspirations as Ella Fitzgerald, Erykah Badu, Whitney Houston, Lauryn HIll and more.
3. She knows what she’d be doing if she didn’t become a singer. If Ari didn’t take up singing full-time, she said in an interview with Vice that she’d be “an interior design lady on HGTV of marine biologist on some 50 First Dates s*** and sail my little boat up to Alaska. That’d be my dream.”
4. She’s very attached to her dog. Ari has an Akita named Galactus, who she described as “fuzzy and bushy” in her interview with Vice. However, she also admitted that he “pisses all over the g** da** floor!”
5. She attended a variety of different schools as a child. Ari grew up in Northern Virginia and attended her first elementary school there. By the time she was 12, she had transferred to a bunch of different school within the Washington D.C. area. - hollywoodlife.com
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|