On Saturday 24th September 2022 at The Burg in Labadi, the maiden edition of the Ghana Models Awards JUNIORS, honored children who had excelled in the modelling profession in Ghana. According to the Founder Jerry Wonder Sampson, the purpose of the event is to ensure the cycle of production of professional models in Ghana for the advertising, fashion and other corporate markets. He added that the selection was based on individual professional work done in 2021. However, amateurs with potentials were also acknowledged during the event in Accra.
Explaining the need to ensure that the production of professional models does not dry out, the Founder of the Ghana Models Awards JUNIORS Jerry Wonder Sampson, said that it was a way of not just keeping the industry alive, but also expanding it. "By encouraging the younger ones into professional modelling, we are nursing new and promising talents to fill in the positions of the adult models when they exit. Also, we are drawing more attention to the profession and generating interest among many potentials and this will gradually increase the players in the industry; and this is very good for modelling", he said.
The biggest awards for the day were the Model Agency of the Year, the Overall Male and Female Models of the Year which went to Godzy Modelling Agency, Elijah Boasiako of 'Loret Kids and Teens' and Maame A.S. Aboagye of 'Godzy Modelling Agency'.
Winner of Ghana's Most Beautiful 2021 Queen Sarfoa Asamoah was the Guest of Honor for the event. Also, Actress and Philanthropist Rabby Bray hosted the show and thrilled the audience with humor, entertainment and suspense.
See below the full list of Winners:
GHANA MODELS AWARDS JUNIORS 2022 - WINNERS
· Promising Model of the Year (Male) – Edem Avornyo (REG Models Management)
· Promising Model of the Year (Female) – Jessmone Andoh (Exopa Model Agency)
· Talent Scout of the Year – Godzy Kojo Annan (Godzy Modelling Agency)
· Discovery of the Year – Lady Jeannelle Shika Amegbor (Exopa Model Agency)
· Promising Model Agency of the Year – Loret Kids and Teens
· Catwalk Trainer/ Choreographer of the Year – Loretta Efua Agyemang
· Modelling Event of the Year – Mmofra Fashion Show
· Modelling School of the Year – Exopa Modelling School
· Break Out Model of the Year – Simona Osei
· Proficiency in Modelling Award - Willette Attoh (Exopa Model Agency)
· Runway Model of the Year (Male) – Jayden Ofoe MacCarthy (Exopa Model Agency)
· Runway Model of the Year (Female) – Mercedes Afful (Loret Kids & Teens)
· Editorial/ Commercial Model of the Year (Male) – P.Y. Boateng Aboagye (Godzy Modelling Agency)
· Editorial/ Commercial Model of the Year (Female) – Krisarielle Andoh (Exopa Model Agency)
· Most Supportive Parent / Guardian of the Year (Overall) – Mr & Mrs Andoh
· Most Supportive Parent / Guardian of the Year (1st Runner Up) – Mr & Mrs Afful
· Most Supportive Parent / Guardian of the Year (2nd Runner Up) – Mr & Mrs Amegbor
· Most Supportive Parent / Guardian of the Year (3rd Runner Up) – Mr & Mrs Aboagye
· Overall Model of the Year (Male) – Elijah Boasiako (Loret Kids & Teens)
· Overall Model of the Year (Female) – Maame A.S. Aboagye (Godzy Modelling Agency)
· Overall Model Agency of the Year – Godzy Modelling Agency
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|