TWO fire engines were sent to the house of Mario Balotelli last night — after a firework went off in his bathroom. The Manchester City striker escaped unharmed after the late night incident at his Macclesfield home.
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service discovered a fire in the bathroom on the first floor, with four firefighters dousing the flames using their hose.
A spokesman for the fire department said: "Crews managed to put the fire out within half an hour of arriving but remained at the scene until 2.45am to prevent any possible flare-ups.
"Smoke alarms were fitted at the property and the occupiers were able to get out unharmed. The fire was caused by a firework."
The cause of the blaze is being examined by fire investigators and police but is not being treated as suspicious.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|