David Eklu Agbodzi, 22, a footballer, was on Thursday electrocuted when a container he and others were transferring on a cart, from Tokor to Aflao touched live power lines at Legbasime at Aflao.
Superintendent of Police Augustine Luguyare, in charge of Aflao, told Ghana News Agency that Agbodzi and his four cousins were engaged to transfer the container from Tokor at Denu to Ablorgome in Aflao.
He said at around Lagbasime where they were to curve off the Aflao-Accra highway, the group encountered power lines and therefore decided to prop the cables with a wooden pole for safe access.
Supt Luguyare said as they pushed the cables Agbodzi touched the container and was electrocuted.
He said the body has been deposited at St Anthony Hospital at Dzodze.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|