Two Female Accomplices Of Nayele Ametefeh Remanded

Two persons were yesterday remanded in police custody by the Accra Circuit Court for allegedly conspiring with Nayele Ametefeh, the lady who was arrested in the United Kingdom (UK) for the illegal importation of cocaine. They are Sadala Nuhu and Nana Akua Amponsah, both businesswomen. They pleaded not guilty to the charges of conspiracy to export narcotic drugs, but their pleas were not taken and are to reappear before the court, presided over by Mr Francis Obiri, on December 8, 2014. Mr Godfred Dame is counsel for Nuhu, while Mr Paul Abarigah is counsel for Amponsah. Facts Prosecuting, the acting Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Ms Cynthia Lamptey, told the court that Nuhu and Amponsah were friends of Ametefeh, alias Ruby Appiah, alias Ruby Adu Gyamfi, who had been arrested in the UK for the illegal importation of cocaine. The two accused persons booked their flights to travel to London on November 8, 2014. However, by agreement, they changed their flight dates to November 9, 2014, the date on which Ametefeh was scheduled to travel to London. On November 9, 2014, the two and Ametefeh met at the Departure Lounge of the Kotoka International Airport and checked in, after which Ametefeh informed them that they would be using the VIP Lounge at the airport. Moves to Okponglo After checking in, they all moved to the Okponglo residence of Ametefeh’s mother, where they met a certain gentleman. After about 30 minutes, they left the house for the airport in a four-wheel-drive vehicle, where they were met by Ahmed Abubakar and Theophilus Kissi, who have already been charged and put before the court. Ms Lamptey said the two men ushered the ladies through the staff entrance of the airport, through the Arrival Hall to the VIP Lounge. Preliminary Investigations She told the court that preliminary investigations indicated that Abubakar and Kissi facilitated the passage of the three ladies by processing their passports and boarding documents. Additionally, the two carried the ladies’ luggage onto the aeroplane for departure to the UK. After the three had boarded the British Airways aircraft, a man in black suit brought in another luggage which was handed over to Ametefeh. Upon arrival in the UK, Ametefeh was arrested. The following day, Nuhu flew to Paris in France, where she joined a flight to Togo before returning to Ghana. Amponsah also found her way to Ghana soon after.