Two Children Die In Kokomlemle Fire

The Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) has confirmed the deaths of two siblings after they were trapped in a fire outbreak in their home at Kokomlemle in Accra. 

Junior Okine, 10, and Stephen Okine, 5, were reported to be sleeping when there was a fire outbreak at about 10:30 pm.

According to an eyewitness, the two cried for help for several minutes before their voices died down.

Three other members of the family also sustained various injuries and were transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Firemen are, however, denying reports that they delayed.

According to the Station Officer at the Headquarters of the GNFS, Eugene Ahorni, residents around panicked after the fire started and they were in too much hurry to quench the fire causing them to feel the firefighters delayed.

“…the moment there is a call, we just move, so how can they say we delayed,” quizzed.