One Shot Dead In Konkombas, Chokosis Clashes At Yunyoo

THE LIFELESS body of 30-year-old Bilagai Mpila was found lying in a pool of blood at Gbingbani , a community in the Yunyoo District of the North East Region.

He was reportedly murdered during the clashes between the Konkombas and Chokosis.

Information gathered by DGN Online indicates that the scene was photographed and the inspection on the body revealed a gun shot on the left eye.

The body of the deceased was conveyed to the Bunkpurugu hospital where post- mortem examination was performed on it and handed over to the bereaved family.

The renewed clashes between the Konkombas and Chokosis have extended to other districts and communities were both tribes have settled, causing fear amongst other tribe’s living with the feuding tribes.

DGN Online understands that on March 17, 2019 at about 10:40 hours, police in Bunkpurugu had a distressed call to the effect that on about 02:00 hours a group of Chokosis from Chereponi district came and attacked the komkombas at Puloti village.

They were alleged to have fired guns and burnt 41 houses.

Some unknown men dressed in a military uniform on board a light blue pickup were said to have visited Gbingbani town and started firing and as a result killed deceased Bilagai Mpila and burnt two motor bikes belonging to his brother.

Four BB empty cartridges, two AA empty cartridges and two AK 47 empty shells were also found at the scene.

The community members gave police an itel mobile phone they found at the scene which is suspected to belong to one of the men who perpetrated the crime.

A team of police and military together with the District Chief Executive for Yunyoo- Nasuan District, Oscar Liwaal visited the crime scenes at Gbingbani and Puloti.

Meanwhile, a Joint police and military patrols have been intensified in the Yunyoo-Nauan district to protect lives and properties.

It will be recall that a fight erupted between the Chokosis and Konkombas over a piece of land inthe Chereponi District last year.

The conflict resulted in the burning of over 150 houses, with death toll at about 15.