Obour's Lawyers Demand Autopsy Report of His Late Father From Ridge Hospital

Former President of Musicians Union of Ghana(MUSIGA), Bice Osei Kuffour (Obour) is still on the road of setting records straight and finding reasonable closure to all issues surrounding the demise of his father.  

The “Konkontibaa” hit maker has requested an autopsy report from the Greater Accra Regional Hospital [Formerly Ridge Hospital] confirming the cause of death of his late father, Nana Osei Boansi Kuffour (Oyokohene) of Juaso.

Smith & Adelaide, lawyers for Obour served the Chief Executive Officer of Greater Accra Regional Hospital a letter to carry out the necessary post-mortem to determine the cause of death of his father.

They also indicated that “if the medical facility is not in the position to undertake the autopsy within the shortest possible time, their client [Obour] will offer to contract an independent medical officer to undertake the autopsy, subject to the safety measures and regulations governing such procedures.”

This comes after reports alleging that Obour who is currently aspiring for the NPP Parliamentary seat at Asante Akyem South, allegedly concealed his father’s Coronavirus status.

Obour reportedly failed to disclose the status of his father’s travelling record and possible coronavirus symptoms to health workers who attended to his sick father at the Greater Accra Regional Hospital, Ridge, on Friday, March 27, 2020

The report also stated that all the Nurses who attended to the patient stands at risk of contracting the Coronavirus since they were not in any protective gear.

To quash the negative reports circulating online, Obour released a statement to give details of proceedings.

In his release, he stated that his father’s earlier test conducted on him at the Juaso Hospital indicated that he was suffering from malaria.

He was later tested for possible Coronavirus in Accra after his condition worsened but died before the test results which confirmed him positive was made available.

Nana Osei Boansi Kuffour arrived in Ghana from the United Kingdom on March 19, 2020, healthy but felt ill days after with symptoms of coughs and he passed away on Friday, March 27, 2020 as a result of a coronavirus complication at the Ridge Hospital in Accra.