Local News :

Home   >   News   >   Health   >   201702   >   Govt Orders Suspension Of Nurses Recruitment
Govt Orders Suspension Of Nurses Recruitment
 
<< Prev  |  Next >>
 
16-Feb-2017  
Comments ( )    Email    Print
     
 
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
Government has ordered the suspension of the ongoing recruitment of nurses into public health institutions.

A statement signed by the Health Minister Dr. Kwaku Agyeman-Manu said : “I wish to request that you suspend all recruitment activities for the 8,634 nurses and other health staff until further notice”.

The statement however added: “The suspension is not a cancellation but to allow the ministry of Health to finalise all issues related to the financial clearance”.

Meanwhile, financial clearance for the recruitment of the nurses was given by the erstwhile Mahama government in November 2016.

The recruitment exercise has been ongoing since last week.

Speaking to Francis Abban on the Morning Starr Thursday, the spokesperson for the Health ministry Tony Goodman said the directive to suspend the exercise was issued to the various human resource units of the ministry on Wednesday, February 15.

 
 
 
Source: Today/Starrfm
 
 

Comments ( ): Post Your Comments >>

 
 
 
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.